Friday, March 25, 2011

Decorating the house.. a work in progress but heres a peak :)


Well folks, its time. We have started decorating the house and setting it up. Tomorrow will be my first official day at the house. We've got the most of things moved in and set up kinda. Still boxes everywhere, and Sunday is our shower so there will be TONS more of things laying around. So heres some pictures and a tour of what we've got set up so far. Enjoy!

Ive always been a sucker for dark floors..even if its not real wood.


One wall of the living room and the recliner..which I'm sitting at now.


This is hanging up in the office, it was painted by Hannah Kluge whose art is about to be HUGE i promise you. Iowa watch out.


This is the hallway by the stairs and the door that leads to the side porch.


This is the mirror in the living room...and me in it.. taking a picture outside of it.


This is a few of our crosses that havent been hung up, they have places to go though.



more of them...



This is one of the red walls in the kitchen. EVERYONE needs alphabet magnets!



Well this is my corner in the office... for now until her stuff moves in after the wedding and we'll re-arrange accordingly. That dresser has been in my family for about five or six generations. Ive got a rocking chair that is much older, but it has a oodle amount of stuff sitting on it now, sorry Grandma Becky, I'll clear it soon!



LOVE: is friendship set on fire.



This is our Pennsy cross...given to us by a friend from up there. it has the different names of Christ all over it.









The magnets!! The irishman is a beer top opener Alessa got me in Ireland. And the polar bear one, well when we were "just friends" we stopped at a gas station and a sweet old mexican lady made me buy it for Alessa cause she was so pretty. It says, have you had your bear hug today?



Alessa in the bathroom mirror.



everyone loves a tiled bathroom floor, right?

this is looking through the doors of the laundry room, through the office, and into the hallway before our bedroom.

just a random corner in the kitchen.




Thats it for now folks.. keep coming back and keep track of our progress. :) And no, we arent living together yet. We're going to wait until after the wedding. But I'm staying here, because in just about a week, our roommates are getting hitched, so i needed a place to go so we decided to start our home early! Its a technique I picked up from Jimmy and April Hatcher ;). Have a good day and be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Aw - I'm still jealous! But so happy for you two! It's such a cute house! (my favorite was the two "rooms" upstairs, with their pointed roofs - I called them my nooks)

    ReplyDelete